Had quite an efficient day don’t you know; Sleep-in, walk on the beach, I even folded the mountain of washing that had been taunting me for weeks.
Mum dropped off two dozen happy-chicken eggs so I thought I’d share a recipe for a Sunday eh? I don’t know what you call this – it has no crust – ensuring it is gluten-free but follows the line of a quiche. Not dairy free. Tart or Quiche? I dunno.
- 10 eggs
- one red onion
- 2 cups pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 1 block of feta
- one pottle thingy of sour cream
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Cube the pumpkin roughly, chop the red onion into big chunks and coat the liberally with olive oil. Set in the oven to bake until tender at 180 degrees.
- While the veg is cooking whisk the sour cream in with all of the eggs.
- Chop the Feta in to chunks and grease the base of your quiche dish.
- Layer the feta with the pumpkin and onion, pour the eggy mixture over the top and bake until golden brown on top.
- Serve with Salad and ice cold white wine (if you drink).
It was so yummy that I had a conversation with the GD about having a couple of meat free days a week – you know because environment and budget stuff – and we agreed that I could probably make yummy things that this once or twice a week.
Then the smallest child woke up and cried for nearly an hour because he wanted Meat. ‘MEAT I WANT MEAT! WHERE IS THE MEAT. WHY DIDN’T YOU COOK MEAT, I WANT MEAT, NO HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICH ISN’T MEAT. I WANT MEAT’ (quiet sobbing) ‘meat, meat, snuffle snuffle, meat’ Real tears streaming off of his chin.